Calamity no more.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Grrrr

The Grrs, my super friends from Perth arrived in Singapore from Hong Kong on Tuesday.

I was supposed to meet them on Friday after prayers, they were at Sentosa but something came up and I couldn't make it.

So I met them at their hotel this morning instead. Spent a good 2 1/2 hours with them. I really wished I could be a better friend by showing them around, making sure they don't get ripped off by lousy retailers here, treating them to a meal or two but I simply can't. It'd be nice to be able to repay them for the kindness they showered me back when I was in Perth last November.

After leaving Grace's parents and brother at Far East Plaza, The Grrs and I walked to Plaza Singapura. They haven't walked that side of Orchard Road yet.

Time was short and I had to go to work. It was sad having to leave so abruptly. Sigh. They're nice people The Grrs. They said I should move to Australia just based on my Australian sense of humour. That makes sense. People here don't understand my wit. Sometimes I laugh to myself. Every joke is a private joke. Hur hur.

Anyway, it looks like I'm gonna have to sit out two games with The Hooligans as Eric needs to take the next two Sundays off.

*%%$#$##*@!!!

I'm detesting this job more and more everyday.

Still on Eric, he's just informed me that his wife and him are donating me, in his own words, a year's supply of shampoo and shower cream.

I'm not sure if he was just joking or perhaps exxxagreating (still can't spell the word) but I told him that even though I'm a proud person, I am in no position to reject the offer and that I am grateful for it.

Thank God for small miracles. Alhamdulillah.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail