Calamity no more.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Let's play Part 1

So I've spent the last four hours installing anti malware programs on my computer.

Let's see... besides Lavasoft Adaware and Spybot Search and Destroy, what do I got:
  1. Microsoft Windows Defender 1051 (Beta 2)
  2. Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
  3. CounterSpy
  4. Hijack This!
  5. CWShredder
  6. Kill2me
  7. Bitdefender
  8. Panda ActiveScan
  9. Trend Micro's online scan
  10. a-squared (a²) Free edition
  11. avast! Virus Cleaner Tool
  12. McAfee AVERT Stinger
  13. Panda Quick Remover
  14. Blacklight Beta
  15. Avast! Home Edition
  16. AntiVir Personal Edition
  17. Outpost Firewall Free
Yup, yup, yup. This time I've brought out the big guns. I have no clue what I've been installing but the guys at majorgeeks.com seem to know what they're doing so I'm just blindly following whatever they recommend to do here, here and here.

So uh, who wants to play?

I swear man, if I get to meet the people who are responsible for installing malware on people's computers without their consent and blackmailing them in the process, I'd wring their necks and hang them on a 20 foot pole to warn other online malware fear-mongerers to watch it.

In other news, I met Jim and Venitha from the Singadventure blog for lunch today but more on that later I promise.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail