Calamity no more.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dramatic moment

I don't know how to begin this.

So I'll just write as I think it.

I was happily patrolling the foodcourt today when Ita, one of the tenants shouted out at me, "Hey, Da Su is crying!"

Da Su is my cleaning supervisor... or should I say my former cleaning supervisor.

I hopped over to find out what was wrong.

Da Su was inconsolable. He was sobbing between words. He said he couldn't bear to live with the fact that I was leaving them today. I have been keeping mum about my resignation until very recently. I have been the best "ching li" or manager in Mandarin he's ever worked with according to him as he continued sobbing.

Then others came over and added in their own thing. I was lost in the flurry of chatter and sobbing because everyone started crying... even the men, especially Da Su!

I couldn't cry in their presence although I had wanted to. I had to be the tough one. Tears were welling in my eyes but I still had a few hours left to serve and I was very determined about leaving on a high and so I controlled myself.

Besides, it was nearing lunchtime and there was work to be done. If I started crying too, the sob fest would continue and things would stall. I had to be professional.

I stood there and with a serious smile (if that was possible), I gave a short speech to everyone in which I said, "Please do not be sad. Please do not cry. You must understand that I do love working with you people but some things have happened recently between the company and I and I felt the best option for me was to leave. It was none of your fault. Be assured that I will come by every now and then to see you guys when I have the time." *Suave smile* "Ok now please get back to work, thank you."

I bet you guys didn't think these things happen in foodcourts huh? You go to a foodcourt, you buy food, you eat food, you leave food on the table and leave but it's like a little drama serial in there sometimes haha.

There are some things that occured I deemed too HOT for all and sundry to see in the online world so I left them out. But have faith in this: I made the right decision.

On the whole, it felt nice that I have touched people's lives positively just by being myself. I do acknowledge that sometimes being myself irks the hell outta other people but sometimes they work out too. I will never change. My aim has never been to please anyone but if you so happened to be pleased, that's great, thank you.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail