Calamity no more.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Orange fever

I was in the middle of my usual Perth Day routine of lunch and reading the papers today when I received a text message.

It was Ainu. Yeap, yeap, yeap, Ainu of yore. The legend herself.

Ainu: what time do you finish work today?

CM: i'm free today. not working.

Ainu: wanna hang out?

CM: sure. what do you have in mind?

Ainu: wanna have coffee?

CM: ok.

Ainu: but i'm going to a friend's wedding first. i should be done by 4 or 5pm.

CM: meet me at 530pm at uh, somewhere. i'll get back to you on where to meet. can't think of anything now.

Ainu: 530pm at holland (village). i got to send some food back home for my dad.

CM: ok, see ya but i have to be back in time to catch the holland match on tv.

Ainu: ok.

And so The Calamity Man just came back from dinner and dessert with Ainu in time for the World Cup match between Holland and Serbia-Montenegro.

Keep your teeth to yourself. I was only enjoying the attention. We had a good, specific two hours of catching up and that was all.

As far as I'm concerned, there's a time for women and time for the World Cup especially when Holland and Australia are playing. So till the 9th of July this year, soccer takes precedence.

Not even a hot, gorgeous babe... not even a sizzling, nubile virgin served naked on a silver platter can change my mind on this.

Ok I lied. I take that back. But you can try and find out yourself if it's true. Go on. The lines are open.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail