Calamity no more.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Job offers league standing

1) Matchmaking Consultant
- Currently at top spot. Although it offers only a commission-based salary, it also offers me much freedom to pursue other things. Whether or not I take up this offer depends on how my interview with the directors go this Monday. I'm interested mostly in the income-making potential.

2) Worldwide Investigator
- Leap frogging two other offers, this job offers the opportunity to travel, meaning an escape from Lah Lah land which would enable me to reset my sanity level every now and then. Much depends on the remuneration. If it offers me at least the same wage as I'm earning now on top of other variables, I might just snap it up in a bat of an eyelid. Interview is also on Monday.

3) Sales Consultant
- Dodginess factor relegates it one position. Remuneration is based on a small allowance with the bulk of income to be earned from sales commissions. Although it'd be great to work overseas but not so overseas within the same timezone in Bintan, should things not work out, I don't wanna find myself lost in wonderland.

4) Assistant Restaurant Manager
- I received a call this morning from Morris Allen, honcho of an educational institution. As it turned out, he wasn't offering me the Sales Executive job that I applied for in his school. He said with my credentials, I was more suited for his restaurant business in Boat Quay. But I told him no. Sorry, but I looked at myself in the mirror and asked what's important and the answer was "quality of life". He offered me more than I earn now but with the split shifts involved, that'd mean I have way lesser of a life than I do now. This position has been relegated permanently.

As you can see, all the jobs open to me are Mickey Mouse ones. What's a guy with a resume littered with so much FnB experience to do to get out and be employed in an equal opportunity organisation? It certainly doesn't help that I've got a skin condition that makes me a little darker than most and yet I appear invisible in the eyes of many. It's ridiculous.

I'll never be happy as long as I'm working for people but I keep on telling myself not to stay at the spot and to keep on moving and that's what I'll do, no matter what the adversity is. I'm determined to make something of myself first before I get outta here for good. I don't wanna go someplace and rely on handouts. That'd be irresponsible.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail