Calamity no more.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Axed man

I've just finished watching X MEN 3 and I thought it was fuckin-A.

Fuckin, fuckin-A.

I'm not being biased here. It was nice seeing some old friends on the big screen. Wolverine, yeah, Wolverine, we used to skip classes and catch spiders together and I used to peek at Ororo sun-tanning naked at the school's rooftop. Boy, did she stir up a storm when she caught me one day. Needless to say, the day suddenly wasn't sunny anymore.

"Mam.. ma.. mam... ma. Nyum nyum nyum..."

I even had my own song but uh, they kicked me out. Said I was a disaster. Hey! What did they expect!? Sheesh. But that's another story for another day.

Anyway, only a handful of movies fall under "Perfect" in my book. Forrest Gump, Braveheart, Shawshank Redemption... and now X MEN 3. If anyone disagrees, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to gas you with my mutant fart. Don't make me. It's not gonna be pretty :P

It's about the US government wanting to humanize all mutants voluntarily. The mutants actually have a choice but even they are divided. On one side there is Magneto gathering all mutants who are against this scheme and waging war while on the other side are The X MEN who are also against this scheme but do not condone Magneto's plan for destruction. The rest are loser mutants who willingly got themselves humanized by "the cure".

*making the L sign with hand on forehead* pffft!

Some movies are impressive because of the plot, as Shawshank Redemption is and some made a big impression because of the historical information involved as well as the patriotic factor that is Braveheart but X MEN 3 takes the cake for effort.

Character development, fantastic storyline, great acting, excellent CGI, the entire logistics! The producers and director spared no effort and detail at all. Everything was covered. I couldn't find any fault with the movie besides the fact I wasn't in it.

And they even left room for part 4 ;)

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail