Calamity no more.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Take the cake

To Venitha: The thing that attracted me about the CNB job was that the ad said "NO UNIFORMS!". Heh.

So anyway, I've completed the fifth of six days of full shifts (16hrs) and I'm happy to announce that I've never been late, as usual. Standard's still there. But I'm not happy to announce that I'm dead tired though.

Whew! Last day tomorrow, Calamity Man, c'mon! You can do it!

I just came online to post this - a lightbulb moment I had, while drinking my usual nightly milk (Can't wait to be married! Sick of cow juice. Heh!)

You know about my Plan A, B and C.

Plan A is to stay put at FNS 399.

Plan B is to take over the cleaning operations at FNS 399 under a joint venture (can't use my name) while still working there as a manager.

Plan C is to jump ship.

I've worked in all the FNSes in Singapore. FNS and I are one and the same. Just like Maradona is Argentina, Brazil is Pele and Lee Kuan Yew is Singapore. People identify me with FNS. Even The Calamity Man's weapons are a fork and spoon.

So it's actually a letdown that my company is gonna change FNS 399 into something else. Something else that I don't identify with. I feel that I've not only let myself down, I've let my people down.

I'm more attached to FNS 399 because I was there from the start and I was with it throughout, seeing it grow to what it is now - a toddler.

Too bad it isn't enough for the powers that be. They want a teenager, not a toddler.

This conversion thing I talked about a few days back... it feels like someone taking my baby away from me. What do they care? They only want to see the money. I'll tell you something, they ARE making money, but they want more. Doesn't matter if the tenants are struggling.

I plan to ask my Boss to take over FNS 399.

Yeap, you read that right I WANT TO TAKE OVER FNS 399... like a franchise thing. I want the whole darn thing. I want the cake and to eat it too.

You may be thinking, "But CM, where are you gonna find the money?"

Thank you for your concern but I've quite a resourceful brain and I've worked out a workable deal in my head which I plan to bring up to the Boss.

Why:

1) Because I feel the current rentals the tenants are paying are too excessive

2) When all the initial costs have already been covered in these six months

3) I want everyone to breathe easier coz even though my own profits will be just about enough, at least I'm making something, all costs considered.

4) Only then FNS would be truly Halal coz Halal doesn't only involve food and drinks, it also involves "making a non-excessive profit".

Why I think it's at least worth a shot:

1) Because I intend to leave anyway, so I've nothing to lose

2) But if my Boss agrees, he doesn't have to worry about fluctuating profits because mine's a straightforward deal

3) He also saves a lot of costs in terms of salary expenses as well as material costs while at the same time earning from me from the material he'd be selling to me

4) He can free the resources he's currently disposing towards operating the premise into other parts of his business which are actually making a more visible profit for him

5) He can forget about spending money on the whole converting thing such as re-renovation, new crockery, new uniforms, new posters, new signboards, new chairs, etc that could run into tens of thousands of dollars and may take months to recoup which means starting all... over ... again...


Damn I'm good.

I'm good.

I'm bloody damn good.

I'm sleepy.

More about this later.

Good night.

Dream, dream, dream. Dream dream dream... .

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail