Calamity no more.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Same difference

Defination of Perth Day according to the Calamity dictionary:

- Doing anything that makes The Calamity Man happy on his day off work.

In life though, Perth Day or not, my current way of life is still to do anything that makes me happy. The only difference is that, on other days, work is involved.

Like I told Lilies two days ago, which I'm sure Venitha would agree to, every single day I'm in this place, I grow a little insane.

So for me to balance things out, if that means having a two piece hot and spicy ribs-only KFC meal with cheese fries on the side every other day of the week, I'd do that. If it means taking cabs just so I could miss the maddening animal-like subway crowd, I'd do that. And if getting myself little pieces of junk every now and then makes me happy, nothing can stop me.

Talking about that, I just got myself a new pair of sleek Obermain shoes from Takashimaya with Wang, Lilies and Heidi in tow. Poor them. I'm not the best guy to go shopping with but they got some stuff for themselves in the end too so it all evens out.

That must be the first time for as long as I can remember that I bought something that wasn't on sale. Dang, at 120 bucks, it'd better be worth it!

I got home straight after to watch Perth, the movie on Starhub's Video On Demand. When I mention Perth, I think about a beautiful, serene place with wide, open spaces and lots of Halal Ang Moh babes, but the movie wrecked it all for me.

Don't get me wrong. I already read reviews about the movie and I knew it wasn't gonna be pretty but I wanna know how a movie called Perth can be so... so...negative.

Let me put it in short for you. It's about this guy in his early 50s who's been around from one small position to another all throughout his life and he only has one dream - to move to Perth where everything is how I imagine Perth to be.

He never got to smell Perth in the end. Well, he did manage to pack all his stuff, got his ticket and was all set to go. He aaaaalmost made it. Almost. But. But shit happened.

Go watch it. Nice little twists here and there. Got me going "Gaaaaa!" all by myself with its heart-wrenching, tear-jerking moments.

The movie strikes a chord with me, in sort of a worrying way actually. Dang I hope I have better luck than he did.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail