Calamity no more.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

ONO!

Or Nearest Offer.

I'm currently trying to apply what I've so far learned in the art of negotiation.

So far, I've learned that everything can be negotiated. It depends on a few things but I'm not gonna be so detailed coz I'm saving that up for Calamity Man - The Book. Yeah right.

So anyway, in the past week what happened was:

1) I sold my last damned piece of colour-changing alarm clock via eBay.

2) One of my foodcourt's tenants handed over tenantship of his stall to his employee (now ex-employee).

After I sold the clock, the guy asked if I had more of it and I told him that I was actually not thinking of stocking up on it again but if he seriously wants it, I could get it for him. He wanted six more. So fine.

I remembered Max. He's a friend and business mentor. He had ever offered to wholesale me the clock at a price cheaper than when I got it from another guy earlier.

When I approached him for the six clocks, I pretended to forget how much he offered me the last time and I knew he'd forget too because he's a busy, busy man so I made him a mickey mouse offer which was lower than what he said the last time.

He said OK.

Heh heh.

Very good. I'm glad it worked.

My company is desperate to retain tenantship at 399. Not a lotta people know this. We didn't want to show our cards but when the tenant of Stall 7 threatened my Area Manager to pull out, he crumbled.

In the end, the tenant still didn't wanna stay but he said he'd transfer all and sundry that has to do with his stall to his employee if my Area Manager would lower down the rental very substantially.

After much negotiation, the rental was reduced by a whopping 47%!

All's well, end's well. It means so much for my company to not have a gap in the row of stalls as a matter of saving face, the former tenant got to get rid of his Waterloo of a stall and his former employee is now The Boss.

Everybody wins. Yay!

The main key is this. The seller will always quote the highest possible price for whatever he's selling. The buyer must at all times not just agree to what he says the first time. Make your lowest possible offer then work towards the center with the seller. Different situations calls for different forms of strategy. The first one who bats his eyelids loses.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail