Calamity no more.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Digging it

I'm not sure right now if I'm gonna get the cleaning contract at 399 but I'm sure of one thing and that is we're not sticking with the current cleaning contractor. No chance.

The thing is, it's gonna take a little more time before it's decided who exactly will take over them in May and that time is eating into the amount of time it'd take for me to arrange things.

It's not as simple as me taking over cleaning duties just like that. I'd need to negotiate with the current contractor to takeover his things which he paid for himself, to ask him to settle all his outstanding utility bills and monthly dishwashing machine rentals and also to arrange for workers and to brief the workers on the ways of foodcourt-cleaning operations.

One more thing is that I need to think of my own interests. The niggling thought I have now is should I partner Rudi in this venture or also in all future cleaning operations of food establishments? I'm not sure if I could trust him entirely. I don't trust anyone in business.

Should I just partner him in this one outlet as a training for myself and then branch out on my own?

Without expanding too much on the details, of course I have devised the contract nicely such that all money would fall into my hands afterwhich I would distribute it accordingly but I know for a fact that he's kinda in need of money not only for his family but also to expand his other business interests.

I have already made it clear to him that money that comes from this side of the business is only meant for this side of the business and I don't want it to be messed around.

My plan is clear. We get our fees, we deduct all expenses, we set aside a fixed amount of money for savings and then we divide the balance between us.

The savings is for this side of the business' future plans. After deducting everything, the balance for us could rise and fall. It is the only variable in our projected accounts that is not certain.

My objective is also clear. The survival of the business is more important. We are the last things on my mind.

Let's say we have a great opportunity to take up another cleaning contract after this one, we could use our savings as capital for that. If the saving's not enough, we'll cough out a bit more to make up for it but at least we know then that we do not have to scramble around for the bulk of the money needed.

Damn I'm good!

I can do this alone, no problem but I have grown very much wiser all these years and the one big reason why I do not just wanna heck all and jump in is because I wanna hang on to my job first till I see how things pan out.

I seriously do not want my future business to be an any-old-how one. I want it to be systematic so when something goes right or wrong, I know exactly where along the line it originated from.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail