Calamity no more.

Friday, April 14, 2006

McBouncer

It was funny.

I was at work this morning when I saw this little old man who's a regular at both the mosque and my foodcourt so I waved hello as he walked past.

Then suddenly he made an abrupt stop, turned around and walked towards me.

He wanted to ask me something. Ha ha ha. So cute, he actually sounded timid, probably peed in his pants too. Hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Old man: Excuse me sorry. Please don't be angry with me but I just wanted to bring this up.

Me: No problem, I won't. (I thought it was gonna be another dumb complain but...)

Old man: Oh thank you. It's just that I see you around this little place walking around looking smug with your arms folded and an earpiece in your ear... um, are you a bouncer?

Me: (Took one look at him and) Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Me: (Wiping tears from eyes) This is not the first time someone brought up something like this. Someone ever enquired if I was an undercover policeman and someone else even thought I looked like a schoolteacher, so stern but no, I manage this foodcourt.

I have an earpiece on because I'm actually listening to the radio and I walk around with my arms folded because I'm THAT bored.

Old man: Oh. Heh heh (smiling sheepishly). Coz if you said you were a bouncer I would have believed you. You have the size and the look, I don't wanna mess with you. But I was wondering why a little place like this would have a bouncer? Heh. Thanks for clearing that up.

Me: Ha ha ha, no no, don't worry about that. But thanks.




Me? A bouncer? LOL! I only look good in a shirt. Take the shirt off and all my flab fall out. So funny.

But I guess he finally got the guts to approach me because of my new geeky look. Yeah this specs make me look "innocent". Now I know why Superman puts one on when he's off duty. Ha ha!

On another note, one auntie actually stopped me last week as she was having dinner with her family. She wanted to take a photo with me.

"With me?" I asked.

"Why would a stranger wanna take a photo with me?" I thought but heck, there's no harm in that so I put on my cheesiestest smile for the camera. *smile big teeth*

Dang I felt like Ronald McDonald. I didn't charge her. She's already spent $400 over and that's good enough for me. Who in the world spends that kinda money at a foodcourt anyway?

I'm good.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail