Calamity no more.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Bondage

There's something else that I learned. The Bad can be Good, the Good can be Better and the Better can be Way Better.

I'm referring to ties. Ties with other people. They can be better.

As usual, I'm not gonna suddenly go Heehee-Haha on people. Tried that before and lost steam after a while. Besides, people are used to the sedate Calamity Man, it's gonna freak them out if I suddenly get all chummy with them.

I want a well-balanced life.

What use is my pursuit to nourish myself with material gains, if I forget to nourish my soul? Well, these two areas are work in progress with a system in place so I'm just gonna stick with the program, no worries.

But I'm not gonna get all systematic with this one I'm talking about - ties. Family ties, friendship, whatever.

There's no formula for this but I do know the first step is to actually start talking. On the contrary, offline, I don't talk as much as I do when I'm online.

It's like I have split personalities.

Online, I have a lot to say. I let my heart talk.

At work, I'm da man. The little people adore me. They take care of me because I take care of them. Even strangers approach me for advice on their love life.

In the army, I'm reliable. I work like a clock. I need only be told once. I achieve whatever objective I am given.

In sports, when in form, I'm a different animal. My eyes bulge out people think they're gonna pop out. I grit my teeth, I grunt. The ball is mine, the ball is mine. No one gets pass the defence. Trespassers will have their legs cut off.

Outside of all that, I'm none of the above and that's being honest.

Now that I've realised, learned a little, I'm just gonna take my time to apply my best attributes into this area dealing with people outside of whatever I mentioned above.

No time limit, no benchmark, no target. Just kool and the gang.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail