Calamity no more.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

With pride, I lead and with pride, I leave

The meeting with MUIS was good, positive and thankfully, short too. Only half an hour.

Basically we've got the go ahead to convert FNS 399 as long as we're sure of what we're doing.

I have this wicked idea to hand in my resignation letter now just to give them the shock factor knowing that I'm integral to this scheme and seeing how everyone's taking it for granted that as long as I'm around, everything would be OK.

Actually it's not OK. I'm not staying all this time because I am loyal to my company, I'm staying only because the people want me to.

For instance, people have been asking if I would stay after the conversion. I told them it's not up to me because I could be made excess to requirements and be transferred or kicked out.

On the other hand, I still have a choice whether to stay or go with the company who in my opinion have not been treating me the way I think I should be treated. I only ask for fairness and equality - basic human rights.

They said it'd be a pity if I was to go. That'd mean they'd lose their voice against people who are out to manipulate them.

These are the people who trust me. These are the people who would for example ask me to read out their contracts and if I said OK, only then they'd sign on the dotted line. If I find something not right, I'll bring it up and help them negotiate for a better term.

These are the people I care about because I do not like to see little people being taken advantage of and bullied but sometimes I find it strange. Who am I to do all these things for people when I can't even fight for my own rights and terms?

Sigh... .

Anyway, my mind is on Plan C right now. That resigning right now bit on top for the shock factor was only an Ally McBeal moment not to be taken seriously. I won't go until I have something concrete lined up and I won't just settle for anything.

I think I've been very professional with my job despite the adversities and there is no reason for me to drop my standard till then. I'm a proud, proud man.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail