Calamity no more.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Hole in one

It's gone down to 20-80. I'm talking about my chances of taking over Mouse Toa Payoh.

The reason why [removed] opened another store in [removed] (not Ming Arcade as I stated earlier) was because the premise at Toa Payoh is to be taken over by a hair salon this July.

He wasn't really thinking about handing over the business or relocating, just that he's made quite a killing the last few years there, he has regulars coming in every now and then, he's well-established and he's is the only IT store in Toa Payoh Central believe it or not, and he doesn't really wanna let it go so easily.

He only advertized on the classifieds for a few weeks running to find someone to take over the business as a "last burst of fire" attempt to salvage it but it didn't work out.

My cheeky sms the other day kinda reignited that feeling deep inside of him that [removed] can still be saved. By a penniless guy... . Me. I have the passion but not the money. The other people he spoke to had the money, but not the passion.

We've talked it out today and now it all depends on one factor. Whether his bid to rent the premise at [removed] is accepted. Both of us are giving it until the third week of this month.

The premise has been vacant since the new year thereabouts but the representative at Eng Wah Organization which owns the building has been pissing him off by playing a waiting game for the past month in an attempt to secure a better last ditch offer from another party.

He and I both agree that at the price initially offered for a place in expensive Toa Payoh Central with the right crowd, it's too good a deal and we both don't wanna do business elsewhere. It wouldn't be as worth it as this one.

Should it work out for us, especially me, I would start next month.

This is how we will operate. It's a dog and bone approach extremely rarely done in the world today.

I shall be a self-paid employee. Every dollar we make will go to an account we both have access to. I can draw as much as I want to but. But I wouldn't do that because the money accumulated in that account is meant to be used to wholly buy off the business from [removed] and I would want to do that as soon as possible.

Only then I would have more say in the business. The selling price of the business would include two things: the "skeleton cost" and the "flesh cost". Both of them refers to the initial capital of the business.

The skeleton cost refers to the cost of setting up the basic needs of a shop namely the shelves, racks, counter, POS (point of sale) system, surveillance camera/s, etc.

The flesh cost refers to the stocks. Mice, keyboards, ink toners, speakers, MP3 players, everything but the computers. We just don't do computers. These are divided into two. The stuff that [removed] directly imports himself which is a LOT and the stuff that we get from local suppliers.

I'm gonna add up all the sales while he's gonna add up all the costs. When I have enough to cover all the costs, I buy the business from him so he could finally semi-retire. Me? I could finally live my dream. Maybe open up more shops.

I want to do that quickly. Doesn't matter if I'd have to suffer initially. Suffer first, enjoy later. Not the other way around.

But now this dream depends on the stupid lady at [removed]. Dang I hate it when my future is in the hands of other people like this but I guess I have to practice some patience here. I do my best and leave the rest to God. If it doesn't work out, I know there is something else for me.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail