Calamity no more.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

D-day

I still haven't agreed or signed on anything with regards to the job at the security company.

Although I have applied for many, hoping that someone would see something in my resume that can be considered an asset despite the lack of variety (FnB galore!) of experience, I have only got two real offers so far.

The Assistant Restaurant Manager one which I duly kicked into the drain and this one, the Operations Something one (Coordinator, Assistant, Executive, Manager, I don't know).

I think it's obvious I don't exactly have a wide selection to choose from, heh.

The Operations Something job has many inconveniences as far as I see it. Using the toilet is gonna be tough as there is only one toilet for both genders on the whole floor and I have a weak internal system, smoking breaks will be very, very limited since it's an office environment and I don't really wanna step in and out so many times and reeking of cigarettes on the way in, it's a new working environment with the Boss always there, hence much freedom will be lost and so on and so forth.

But in a way, it's a good thing. The bond will ensure that I am forced to stick to the same job for the next three years of my ten year plan. My bond will end exactly at the end of the second phase of the first five years and I can then move on nicely to the first phase of the next five.

The deciding factor for me would be the salary. For the inconveniences I foresee that I'd go through, I have a minimum starting salary at the back of my head and I won't sign on the dotted line until that figure is at least matched. I can adapt to everything else. Of course I will start negotiation with a higher figure. I'm not really bothered if I do not get the job if they cannot at least match my salary demand.

My next move has to be significantly better. I'm certain of that.

I imagine myself taking whatever I have at my disposal at the end of three years to start out on my own anywhere else but here. Currently, I am almost done with my Gung Ho Ventures business layout actually but I think it's wishful thinking. I don't have the capacity to be involved in even a freelance business right now. I have to be realistic.

So tomorrow I go down to the security company and see what they have for me in black and white. Tomorrow I make my decision.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail