Calamity no more.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Let's play Part 2

For almost three hours I've been trying to clean up my computer with the arsenal I installed last night.

So far it hasn't been completely successful. The damn popups and prompts that appear from my tray are still here, albeit in lesser quantities but I'm not done yet.

I've a feeling there's gonna be a Part 3 for this. Like when I dump my computer and get another one. Heh.

What I've done so far, in this order, was to:
  1. Disconnect from the Internet
  2. Run Ccleaner
  3. Lavasoft Adaware
  4. Spybot Search and Destroy
  5. CounterSpy
  6. Reconnect to the Internet
  7. Run Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (currently)
And after this:
  1. Run Microsoft Windows Defender
  2. Run CWShredder
  3. Run Kill2Me
And after that to run the online scanners:
  1. Bitdefender
  2. Panda ActiveScan
  3. TREND MICRO HouseCall 6.5
Just for extra measure I'll also run:
  1. Hijack This!
  2. and a whole array of seven other tools I have
The last resort, if any, shall be the Part 3 I was talking about earlier. Hopefully it doesn't lead to that.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail