Calamity no more.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Giggle giggle

If I get $10 for every giggle at my shop, I'd be halfway in achieving my sales target every single day.

Firstly, they'd giggle at the name.

(Looking up at the signboard) "Hooouse...Offf...Mooouse. Ha ha ha! *giggle giggle* so funneee."

Then they look down at the stuff on display.

"So cuuuuute!*giggle giggle*"

Then they look around for the guy manning the stall.

"Pssst. Look. *point point* Toilet brush head! *giggle giggle*"

*rolleyes x 83478287*

So anyway, TR came by today with one of her sisters. The first customers of the day.

They didn't come empty-handed and they didn't leave empty-handed. I just realized this. TR is always the first of the people I know to support me in whatever stupid thing I do. God bless her.

She actually took the trouble to bake me and my sister Liana some cupcakes. Mine had the letters H, O and M on them and Liana's had "Liana Banana" or something. Can't remember coz we ate them very quickly.

See! House. Of. Mouse. So cute, right? Next time she's spelling the whole thing. Woohoo! 12 cupcakes!

Gone in 60 seconds. They were damn good. Even Liana agreed. What a lotta fun. Box of sunshine they were! Check out TR's wonderful cupcakes here or reach her at cupcakemomma @ gmail .com for orders.

"Hmmph! Damn papparazis!"

Anyway, the crowd at Suntec is a weird one. At The Arcade and Keypoint, the main draws are the thumbdrives and portable hard disks. Over here, it's the...

Colour-changing snowman

Weird things are happening

Doraemon USB fan

I kept ordering and re-ordering for Max to send some over every day from the other outlets this past half week and now, they're already sold out, save for three pieces of the Doraemon fan including the display set.

Small ticket items they may be but I ain't complainin' coz sometimes the people who buy them buy other things too.

I had this Filipino guy who was going back to his home country and he was having a ball just picking out stuff for his family and friends back home. Every time he'd finish paying for one set of stuff, he'd stop for a while more, look around again and get even more stuff. He must have collected four or five receipts by the time he was done.

Then there was this guy from India who did almost the same getting stuff for everyone he knows. He spent like one hour browsing around. I mean, spending one hour in a hole-in-the-wall is just plain crazy man but again, no complains. He might have just accumulated one receipt but it was a big one considering how cheap my stuff are.

So after half a week, I realized that my shop is actually more of a gift shop based on IT, or using IT as an excuse than a proper IT shop. Ha ha. Like, no one cares about my networking stuff or my memory cards or my data storage solutions, dude!

The moral of the story is that everything in my shop is cute. Including the guy manning it. Heh heh.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail