Calamity no more.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Go West

So I was on my way to work when at the Jurong East MRT Interchange I noticed two Caucasian middle aged men looking somewhat lost.

But never fear, for the Calamity Man's here!

Me being such a kind, generous and helpful person and all, sometimes to a fault, craned my neck over and asked, "You guys know where you going?"

They said yeah they're going to Boon Lay to catch a bus to the bird park. Oh well, I'm not much of a help. They are heading the right direction afterall.

But I noticed their accent. It's an accent I like. It's, it's Australian!

So I coolly asked, "From Australia?" and they replied, "Yeah, from Perth! Have you been to Perth?!"

Have I -

Have I been to Pfffft! *rolleyes*

Have I been to Perth?

I to have Perth been?

Perth to have been I?

*more rolleyes*

"Yeah. Once." I replied.

"And I loved it." I added.

"I'm in love with Perth." I added somemore.

The guys must have thought I'm mad or something. I mean some people are obsessed about Singapore and I think they're nuts.

Anyway, they're nice folks. Perthlings are mostly nice. Except maybe one or two. Heh.

Two days ago, someone I met on the Net asked me something to the effect of "What is is about you and Perth? You seem to write about it all the time..." and my response was:

You know that cheesy song that goes "I know I love you before I've met you"? Or something like that. That's how Perth is like for me.

I've been in love with Perth since I knew it existed which would be some time when I was 13 when my eldest sister moved there when she got married. The best thing was it took me 13 more yrs before I finally got my ass there last Nov.

And then I realized... I was right all along. I am in love with Perth, warts and all. Some things you just can't explain.

If I die before I get there, I'd like my body to be buried in Perth. It's that bad.

You better coz that's the only way I'm gonna rest in peace. Otherwise I will come back to haunt all of you as The Ghost of The Unhappy Singaporean. HooooOoOoOOOOoO...

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail