Calamity no more.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The TEN Calamity Commandments

Now that I'm slowly gaining momentum getting back in the dating scene, it just occured to me to ask myself what do I really look for in a woman.

So after more than a week of thinking, in all honesty, here they are in order of sequence:

1) How will our kids look like?
2) Will she be a good partner in religion?
3) Will she be a good mom to the kids?
4) Will she be able to assist me in work matters?
5) Will she be a good Calamity Woman to the Calamity Man?
6-10) Will the five women in my family like her?

1) She doesn't have to be gorgeous or sexy or whatever. Really. What I look for is the X factor. I mean, all my sisters who are married are fat (they're so gonna kill me for saying this) but their kids are so good-lookin'. It's just my first natural reaction when I see a female of the species. I make a quick scan and even have a point system. Heh.

2) Sincerely, I feel inept religion-wise. I know next to nuts about Islam but I'm learning at every little opportunity. It's a race against time. I'm 27 this year and only at the beginning of my Islamic journey. It'd be great if The Calamity Woman has reached a certain level of maturity in this department so perhaps I could reach out to her for guidance every now and then. I'm not too shy to seek knowledge wherever knowledge is coming from.

3) I mean, a wife who'd share my value of taking care of the kids' needs first before self would be wow. Where one is weak, the other is strong. Together we raise a great family. In my book, work is important but not as important as coming back home at 1900hrs tops everyday and having a hot meal with everyone before we all have some family time together. Then we put the kids to bed and make some more. Kids I mean. LOL!

4) She cannot be s-l-o-w. I will die if she can't keep up intellectually. Anyway it's very likely that I'd run my own business and who else to be Director of Finance but the wifey. Some men I know are totally against this but then again, other men and I don't share the same mindset and values. Besides, I HATE accounting so I'm gonna let her handle that. Hah!

5) I'm not really sure what I mean with this point coz it could mean anything but I guess it's got to do more to intangible stuff like loyalty, chivalry, honesty and all that jazz.

6-10) Lemme see... There's my mom, Sis Lilie, Leita, Lilies and Liana. Five of them. If one of them doesn't like her for anything, she's gone. I remember this girl I saw for a couple of weeks pre-Perth who is actually Liana's pal. I thought Liana had no issue with her but apparently she did and immediately my mind began to search for the exit door. Of course I did it slowly, in my own way. I work in mysterious ways.


Dang, these commandments are a tall order for any woman. I get the feeling that any woman has got a better chance if they worked backwards. Maybe they should. So if in the next five years, I still don't find anyone, no worries, I'll just unleash the Big Bad Five to suss one up for me. Easy squeezy, lemon peasy.

And if that doesn't work out, like a broken record, there's always the Mail Order Bride option. Just insert $7000.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail