Calamity no more.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Way to go!

I nearly got transferred out of 399 to 768 today.

I got a call from Benson who said the top brass had a meeting in the morning and it's been decided that I should move to 768 indefinitely - TOMORROW.

NO FREAKIN' WAY!

Reason given was that there's been a reshuffle of manpower and that's that.

They think I'm dumb or what? They think I'm not aware about what's going in the other FNS outlets. I've got many little friends in low places ok. Some days ago I met one of the 768 cleaners at Toa Payoh MRT station and she told me that the Halal manager had quit.

So the actual reason for my supposed transfer is so that I could clear up the mess this guy left just like what happened the first time I got transferred there before I came to 399.

All these would be settled if only they accepted the fact that a Halal food establishment is not only about a "No pork, no lard" policy, there's more to it than that and that a Muslim guy with a high post, standing and salary isn't so bad for the company to move forward anyway if they're serious about getting into the Halal food business.

I dare say I'm the best Halal manager there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. Just bloody pay me the money and all will be alright. They have got someone with pedigree and they think this guy is happy being kicked about like some soccer ball all the time for a few peanuts.

Hello, this is not the 19th century Malayan tin-mining industry anymore!

I know what I'm worth and I'm worth more than this. I'm only staying because it just makes practical sense to do so.

Now Eric on the other hand is the only guy in this darned organisation who cares about me. Not many people outside my family knows how to deal with me but he does. It takes a mixture of letting me loose every now and then, no beating around the bush as well as rewarding me with biscuits whenever I've done a good job. I know where and who to go back to. I'm loyal like a good sherperd's dog.

Eric and I spent the next few hours making frantic phonecalls, meeting this and that persons, complaining, ranting, threatening and at 2245hrs (1045pm) as I was locking up the foodcourt, Eric called to say that he managed to speak to the MD himself and now I do not have to go anywhere. I. Stay. Put. Period.

I thanked him, I thanked God and I thanked the universe things turned back around.

I love Eric. Too bad he's married. Heh. He's the only one who fights for and with me in this darned (have I already said that?) company. There are so many things I like about 399 despite my whingeings and I'm not about to let it go for something lesser.

I mean it.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail