Calamity no more.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Help me mind my own business

Right, I've been pondering this one for a while. Each one of them has their own pros and cons and I need your help yet again to help me decide which route to take.

It's about which sort of business to go into and here's the breakdown:

Sportswear:
I love sports but betting and watching seems to be as far as most people here in Singapore go. My plan is to target the small community of amateur soccer clubs here in the specialized ESZPEN or COSMOLEAGUE in providing them customized team kits.

I imagine there are big boys out there like me who likes to pretend they are actual soccer players in actual soccer teams who'd like to have their own signature kits for a fair amount of money.

Pros: The Soccer World Cup is coming this June in Germany and from experience, the euphoria usually lasts a year before it dies down. During this time, more people get introduced to the game and want to try out just like I did back in 1990 after watching the World Cup on TV. It's a good time to get into the market and create a footing.

Cons: Only one year to create an impact. Besides, which garment manufacturer would agree to a small order of at least 15 team kits at a go? And they'd have to manufacture new designs every 15 kits or so in order to achieve my goal of no same design for every team.

Health/medical care supplies:
It's obvious that the world is getting grayer and if one thing is certain, everyone dies. Next to coming up with a casket/funeral services comes the supplying of products to cope with old age like crutches, wheelchairs, adult diapers and so on.

Pros: I assume it's easy to get used (or even new) equipments such as wheelchairs and crutches as people may have those lying around in their homes after someone who's been using it is no longer around. I only need to refurbish and clean them a bit. Plus, with the worldwide pandemic such as bird flu and SARS always at our door, supplies like face masks could sell like hot tarts. I won't deal with health foods and medicine though.

Cons: Storhub needs about $300 a month for a substantial enough warehouse space. Plus, I don't drive so I do not have the means to transport the things to and fro the storage area if the order is too big to transport by MRT or bus.

Gadgets
I have a strong interest in this. I was thinking of selling only VOIP products such as SKYPE phones, mics, headphones as well as complementary products that have to do with portable gadgets such as bluetooth earpieces, headphones, etc. This was also something Marc and I discussed when we met.

Pros: I can get the products easily peasily lemony squeezily for cheapily and they are easy to store. Just dump them at home.

Cons: Every Tom with a Harry Dick is doing it. 'Nuff said.



At the end of the day, this business must also be applicable to the country that I intend to emigrate to. So far, I only have my heart on and in Perth, WA.

So how now ugly cow?

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail