Calamity no more.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Bloggers' day night out

It wasn't very nice to be stood up by the person you're trying to extend a hand to help but that's exactly what happened earlier.

But that's alright coz after that, as planned, I met up with fellow bloggers Yaslam and Lin for dinner and then some.

I suggested the nasi ayam penyet joint at Beach Junction called Ayam Penyet House. I'm on this life mission to discover a place that offers nasi ayam penyet as good if not better than the first authentic nasi ayam penyet I had months ago and they were just happy to be dragged along. Even if they weren't, I would've dragged them anyway.

They knew it was coming. The photos I mean.

Those clowns weren't us

In my opinion, this place had the closest thing to the first authentic nasi ayam penyet I had albeit by many, many kilometres, although it was definitely better than the last one I had at Lucky Plaza.

They just don't get it, do they? The secret in a superb nasi ayam penyet dish is the sweet flavour that comes out from the fermented beans, tofu, the side of vegetables and of course the chicken thigh which must be flattened (hence the "penyet" in the name). Only the damn rice should remain tasteless. And this comes from keeping the thingies dunked and boiled in a pot of secret concoction until they are about to be served. Only then they're taken out to be fried.

The street lights were out in full force to usher in Hari Raya

Anyway, we talked quite a lot. From Beach Junction to the Hari Raya Bazaar at Kampong Glam to a cafe at Arab street and back to Bugis MRT station. Covered everything mostly from the stuff we connect with from our blogs. Boring stuff like relationships, life in general, religion, money, Lin's attempt to activate her cousin just in case I turned out to be a psycho when she and I first met last week... . LOL!

Now THAT was hysterical.

That custom-made sign on the top right is sooo right for me. I want!

As mentioned, I've already met Lin. She's just a dorky girl, ditzy and all. Think she has a secret ambition to take over the Calamity superhero tag. Heh heh.

As for Yaslam, I've never had a sprinkling of a doubt that he was a nice guy judging from his comments and emails to offer his advice and to cheer me up whenever times are down. I was right.

We thought we'd leave Lin out of the picture coz she had this horrendously huge pimple on her nose

He's a family man with a great job and a well-balanced life kinda like the kind of things I want for myself. Sure things haven't been all rosy according to him, but he manage.

I'm sure we'll get to hang out again.

You know the universe is screwed up when even the moon is covered with sponsors

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail