Calamity no more.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I think I'm depressed.

Today I ate the entire top layer of assorted biscuits from a tin of assorted biscuits (minus the actual plastic layer that separates the first layer of biscuits from the second of course), six packets of chocopies, one mushroom swiss meal with extra cheesesticks at Burger King as well as a packet of Van Houten chocballs.

I left work early as such is the arrangement with Max for Tuesdays and Fridays every week (no off days) and decided not to go straight home like I always do.

Like a delinquent with my shaven head, my shirt tucked out at the back and a cat (Boo) sticking his head out from the zipper of my backpack, I trawled Bugis Street and then City Hall.

To cut the story short, I came, I saw, I bought.

I blew 70 quid (sorry I've been reading a Brit book called Adrian Mole the last few days) on a new New Balance M808 shoes. Original price $134.

Chunky shoes for a hunky dude

I mean firstly, it was going at nearly half price. I tried, trust me I did but I couldn't stop myself from banishing that thought off my head.

And then, one must understand that in this day and age, where quality of sports shoes is concerned, the more colour it has, the better it is regarded and hence more expensive.

For instance, black soccer boots don't cut it anymore. It must now be yellow or silver or red. Also, these days, consumers pay sports manufacturers to advertize their logos for them instead of the other way around.

In this context, my new New Balance shoes is actually a rebel. A rebel with a cause, just like its new owner. I'm gonna call my new shoes MmmBob.

Mr MmmBob is a two year old model left on the shelf, a victim of dumb consumers who do not know how to spot a good quality all-terrain, off-road trainers. Being overlooked by many despite our qualities, we were meant for each other.

If you notice from the link on top, MmmBob is also described as 'a rugged, supportive and durable trail running shoe, designed with technical features for superior trail performance and a superb fit'.

I think the website just described me as well. How cool is that?

By the way, no money from the ChinaMuslim fund was used to obtain MmmBob. I am broke, not destitute. I can still afford things. Besides, my mom came by my shop yesterday to air drop some food supply hence I'm covered for this week food-wise.

Also, I've decided to try and stop smoking again. That way I'd have more money for food, hang out with the people (actually just one person but I just wanna give the impression that I'm popular) I wanna hang out with and not suffocate them to death as well as to be able to contribute more to my humanitarian causes.

Maybe I'll smoke again when I'm rich. Heh.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail