Calamity no more.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Ubin there, done that

So it was completely unexpected that I'd be off today but the company hadn't got much orders to fulfil and since I'm pretty much useless, so there.

I worked out with Liana to do something, anything chilled out. I've not had a proper Perth Day for some time now. Jelte and Ann were included but only he made it. She had ooooh... migraine. Ha ha.

Made me think twice about a "happily ever after" ending. Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I mean, I want at least four children you know...? LOL!

But I did meet up with her afterwards. Packed some nasi lemak from Changi Village and hand-delivered them to her home for everyone including me. Chatted a bit with Mamu (that's what they call "Uncle" in Pakistan) before we left.

We went to Woodlands for her to send some stuff over to her auntie, afterwhich we went shopping for a bit at the night market next to Causeway Point where I got her a Naruto The Movie DVD, two Mr Bean cartoon VCDs for Mr Ball Ball my nephew and a Masked Rider The Movie VCD for myself just because.

Then we went to Yishun to hand-deliver the Mr Bean VCDs to Mr Ball Ball before we split ways at the train station.

Enough on that. Liana, Jelte and I actually had a great few hours at Ubin. We rented a mountain bike each, cycled to a spot near an old quarry which is now filled with water and had a picnic with the food that mom packed for us earlier when we went over to Yishun to borrow Leita's digicam.

The digicam was for filming Liana and Jelte for their applications to join TV World's Travel and Living.

We did a few takes in between cycling and picnic-ing, had a few drinks at the laid back setting of Ubin which was cool, except for the fact that the government's turned it into another URGH place.

I mean, where did the villages go? Where did the goats and the chickens go? All we saw were dogs wild and tame and one stupid sparrow. We suspect they're gonna turn the island into another commercialized freakshow.

They're screwing with every idyllic spot, dammit. What's up with these people!?

Oh well.

One for the seas

Bye bye mainland Singapore, good riddance!

Relak babe, maintaaain...

Some boring people

We're here!

You can do it now baby, no one's watching

Lai, lai, lai! Don't shy! Curry puff one piece 50 cents!

Hey baby, why do I feel like we're being watched?

Bye bye unblocked-by-highrise-buildings sunset

Hell-#%%^^-o again Singapore

The time has come. I definitely need a new camera. This cheeseburger has served me well but the time has come for me get something faster in between shots, certainly something less chunky and clunky to be lugged around and be slipped into my pocket until needed.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail