Calamity no more.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Can barely bear

I've gone a week without any offday this week and I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not drained out. The thing about me is that whatever I do, my brain starts to shutdown at 2200hrs sharp every night. All my brain cells will queue up and take turns to punch their cards and call it a day.

But last night I managed to boost my morale a little. I told my driver to sneak time off to drop by Holland Village for dinner before we had to hit the road again. We were doing the late shift.

Why Holland V? Coz my cute little kitty kat was there with her brother.

I was mightily uplifted the moment I caught a glimpse of her when our truck passed her by before we found a parking spot. And the moment we got down and when I was only a few metres away from her, I couldn't explain the gush of fuzzy feeling inside of me.

God, she seems to grow more gorgeous by the day even though she's been feeling under the weather for a few days then. Was it because I haven't seen her for almost a week? It's only been a few days. This is one for the X Files.

All I know is that I couldn't pry my eyeballs away from her from the first to the last second of our 30 minute dinner. I wished I could have given her a hug and spun her around but we're not at that stage yet.

We were supposed to meet for dinner tonight but I won't be able to make it as I'm doing the late shift yet again. We plan to go to New York Pizza at Harbourfront when we both have time off work in the coming days. Don't know when that will be though.

My company is all sold out on orders right through September. We're talking about orders for 1700 people, 16400 people and it's gotten to the point where the boss had to arrange to subcontract some orders out to other caterers as well as recall some former workers to return and help out for this period, including the guy whom I was employed to replace.

How weirder can it get?

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail