Calamity no more.

Friday, July 21, 2006

lifeisnotabeach

I heard a lot of "smacking" sounds this morning. Yeeeah, people all over the planet were smacking their foreheads simultaneously after reading my last entry. They were each followed by a weird-sounding "gloob gloob gloob" sound of rolling eyeballs too.

So anyway, in the end I decided to play nice.

I dragged my bum to the office, printed out for them the telesales script, telesales contact list (which contained about 400 names and numbers) and appointment list that I've painstakingly prepared, rescued my personal optical mouse that I've been using for the computer, left my resignation letter and walked out the door.

Calamity Man has left the building.

Uh-hm. I can feel the CalamityCorp stock diving nose first into the concrete so fast we actually have to pay people to buy our shares.

I'm not creating any excuses. I know I suck. This past month have been another one of those things you save in a folder and store somewhere in a file called "lifeisnotabeach".

As I was browsing the classified ads this morning, one particular article practically shouted out to me. The headline was "DIRECT YOUR LIFE". I could almost hear someone else adding "dude!" at the end. It was custom-written for me.

In it, it said there is an old German saying: "You have to take life as it happens, but you should try to make it happen the way you want to take it".

I don't know. Since the Germans said it, it must be true, right? Or was it getting drunk that they're experts at? Whatever.

A summary of the article goes like this. Ahem. La la la la la. EEEEEEEEEE! Ahek! Gulp.

Are you just planning to let life "happen" to you, or do you plan to play an active role in designing your life?

Some may not know where to get started so they just follow the crowd or take the path that is most hassle-free.

Unfortunately, more often than not, even the crowd doesn't know where it's going so everyone ends up like everyone else.

A lot of people take life for granted. They think everything will fall into place by itself when they're older.

Are you willing to take that chance?

We all know we want something. Financial freedom, wealth and lifestyle are catch words everyone is using.

But do they know how to achieve them? Or where to get them?

So now my advice is: Take the time right now to work a design for your life. Decide what role you want to play in it and how you want the plot to unfold.

Ameen to that.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail