Calamity no more.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Happy Planet Index (personal)

This poll is from the New Economics Foundation, which did the survey on the happiest countries in the world (Vanuatu - No 1, Zimbabwe - unhappiest in the world, Vietnam - No 1 in Asia, S'pore - last in Asia, etc.,). Check it out: HPI Survey

The questions on the following pages will ask you about where you live, your health, lifestyle, and how you feel about life. The answers you give are used to calculate your own personal score on the Happy Planet Index. How happy are you... and at what price to the environment?!

Here's mine: HPI Survey Feedback

[Average is of all online responses to this survey - not the average for your country]

* Happy Planet Index

Your personal Happy Planet Index (HPI) is 10, which is below that for any country, including bottom-placed Zimbabwe. Your score is below that of your country, 40.8.

You:
10 (Uh huh, tell me something I didn't already know.)
Average:
42.1

* Life Expectancy

Your life expectancy is lower than the average for your gender and country.

You:
66 (Woohoo, now I know I must be rich by 33 so I'd have half my life to spend all the money!)
Average:
79.4

* Ecological Footprint

Your ecological footprint is 4.78 global hectares, or 2.66 planets, which is below average for the country you live in. This is equivalent to the average in countries such as Germany, Spain or Netherlands.

You:
4.78 (See...? Not bad.)
Average:
5.29

* Life Satisfaction

Oh dear. You reported a life satisfaction of 2 when only 9% of respondents worldwide reported a life satisfaction of 2 or lower.

You:
2 (I'm not satisfied currently, really.)
Average:
6.71

* Well-being

The new economics foundation (nef), as with life satisfaction, a score of 5 is theoretically the middle score.

* Personal Feelings

You have some anxieties about the future or yourself which are affecting your overall well-being. These are not too severe though...

You:
5.05 (I am, yes. Sometimes I don't know what I'm fighting for since I keep losing anyway. Not too severe huh? I won't jump just yet then.)
Average:
6.02

* Personal Functionings

In some ways you are unable to function in the way you would like.

You:
4.96 (I am working at less than half of my true potential because I know this is not what I want to do.)
Average:
6.12

* Social Feelings

You are deeply unsatisfied with the community within which you live.

Another reason for this score, may be that you are unsatisfied by your personal relationships.

You:
2.69 (I hate my pesky neighbours and I'd rather live alone anyway, which I'm presently not.)
Average:
5.65

* Social Functionings

Your job is really not treating you well.

You:
3.76 (It's dull and stressful for the amount of money I bring back. Totally not worth it. Moving on!)
Average:
5.57

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail