Calamity no more.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Mother hen

I spent the last couple of days at my mom's in Yishun. It was only supposed to be one day but she asked if I could stay for the weekend and since I wasn't doing anything I said ok.

The only reason why I don't like to stay there for more than a day is that I wouldn't know what to do. I can only eat so much and talk so much. I don't really talk much anyway and I take less than two hours to finish reading my daily dosage of English newspapers.

I took my mom out to watch Superman Returns on Friday night. It's not something I'd watch on my own. I don't really like Superman in general but movie-wise, it's something my mom would understand. Clever plots and twists are really not her thing.

Handsome hero + mind-blowing pyrotechnics + less talk = good movie as far as she's concerned, remember?

And I was right. The movie was bad as I expected. The plot was bad, Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor wasn't bad enough but I thought the guy who played Superman was good looking. That's about it.

I spent much of Saturday afternoon rediscovering Yishun. I walked around my old neighbourhood and the Northpoint Shopping Centre twice to see what changes there has been since I moved out and I also went to Sembawang's Sun Plaza just to check the place out since I haven't really been there before.

That's pretty much all I did.

My mom was excited that I was there and as usual she cooked up a frenzy, chicken rice this time, Chinese-style, despite my protests. She just couldn't accept the fact that I was watching my diet. She just had to cook something special for me no matter what.

So I let her. There went all the work I achieved this past week but uh, I don't always get to visit her so why the heck not. I'll just run my fats off on Monday (I don't run on weekends).

I actually achieved quite a bit in the dieting department for your information. I didn't have to struggle into my jeans that much anymore when I was putting them on last Friday for the interview.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail