Calamity no more.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

And the bugle sounds

Alright, I surrender, I give up, "White flag!"

I'm down with viral infection again in less than a month and it's all because of me. I've no one else to blame but myself.

Liana even refused to share with me her chocolate chip cookies and chocolate bar just now. Instead, she made me porridge, gave me some medication and continued clucking away at me to watch my health like she always does as I laid defenceless like a bird with flu.

Obviously, gorging everything down light a dump truck last night contributed to this and the chain smoking the day before reeeeaally didn't help.

I'm gonna have to start listening to Liana. I've to live healthy again and that's gonna start today (sometimes people have to be bitten before they realize. Ow.).

Gradually.

Through resistance training. I mean not as in training to be a resistance fighter but to deliberately subject myself to a fitness regime that gradually increases in its level of difficulty.

It's important not to suddenly throw yourself into an extreme fitness regime because your body may be shocked... and sometimes to death too.

Sidetracking a little, I've always imagined myself either dying from a horrible accident or from a horrible terminal disease like heart attack, diabetes, cancer, stroke, etc. So my point is, it'd be ironic if I was to die from fitness training.

As someone who is somewhat knowledgeable on this matters, I can assure you that a fitness regime does not only consist of physical activities like exercise. It also consists of nutritional intake.

Mind to self: "Ok listen, let's not be drastic here. Are you sure we can't talk it over, heh, eh heh, heh."

I mean, something's got to give and here's my back-to-basics plan. If I could make and keep the commitment of praying five times a day, I can do this. It's for my own good.

  1. Cut down smoking to ten sticks (OOOMPH!)
  2. No meals between 2200hrs and 1000hrs (AH!)
  3. Only fruit and/or soupy whatever between 1001hrs-1800hrs (YIKES!)
  4. Anything from 1801-2159hrs (WHEW...)
  5. Run 2.4km three times a week (EEKS!)
  6. Five basic exercises of 10 repetitions each after every run (AW MAN...)
Please take note the above is only the Superhero Resistance Training Level -5 and will gradually be increased as and when I feel ready to torture myself more and more.

All this is only because as a superhero, I want to serve my people better.

Ta jia hao!? I love you too! Wo ai ni! Xie xie!* (waves around looking all touched and emotional)

*How's everyone!? I love you! Thank you!

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail