Calamity no more.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Oil on canvass

People just cannot walk around freely these days without having someone stop them every ten metres or so trying to sell them something. Take a survey, put money in the box for crappy music (I'm only paying if you STOP), buy some cheap knock-offs, sign up for insurance!

This is surely true for me. I've found myself walking with my eyes fixed on the ground trying very hard not to make eye contact with a potential canvasser.

I understand these guys need to make a living but they're causing hell to my life. Did they ever think of that? All I want is to be able to take a stroll from Point A to Point B without stress. That's all I'm asking. If I wanted to get something, I'll go and find it. You don't find me. Go away.

I know where these guys are coming from. I know their tricks. They'll tell you, "Oh I'm not trying to sell you anything!" just so you'd let your guard down. I have at one point been in their shoes myself. I know how they work.

When I was a canvasser I always felt guilty when I was approaching my "prey" because I knew I was lying. All I wanted was their details so I could harass them some other day.

Don't they get it? There can only be so many canvasser on this island. There are only so many people around gullible enough to keep falling for the same old, same old tricks.

Give. Me. A. Break.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail