Calamity no more.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Guns or roses

I'm so pissed off with my former company. As with many local companies I come across they like to give people the run around. No one wants to take responsibility, not even the person with the position for a certain job scope.

Here's the thing. Until now, technically my former company is not my former company till this Thursday. I am just clearing my leave at the moment while taking a break and I should be paid till then.

The break I'm enjoying right now is for the public holidays that I've worked, for the off days that I've come back to work, for the days that I covered my co-manager when he was on leave as well as for my leftover annual leave all accumulated into one lump.

I've checked with MINDEF on the status of my reservist pay claim that my company should have submitted on my behalf for the five days that I served recently and I only saw a small amount which is for my rank pay and have nothing to do with my company.

It's simple. The company should pay me five days' less of my full salary. MINDEF should be covering the five days' salary. All in all, my salary should come from two sources but would still be the same amount I've been drawing all this time.

They're giving me the runaround at the office. They are telling me to check with MINDEF, MINDEF is telling me to check with my office. No one wants to ensure anything.

I think they're just trying their luck. So I'm giving it till my payday this coming Thursday. If I find my salary being cut by five days and yet the compensation by MINDEF is zero, I'll make someone pay.

If all the numbers are correct, I'll put my gun down. If not, we'll see how lucky they think they are.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail