Calamity no more.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Compilation of tributes to Knight of Pentacles, Singapore serf*

*To my understanding, "serf" means "slave of the system".

Below is a list of tributes I, another Singapore serf, have compiled in response to the Knight's sudden passing:

news on Singapore Serf by smazh

I used to read his posts, but now he is gone.
Goodbye, Singapore Serf.


A tribute to a knight by Calamity Man

He was living my dream... while I'm still here in the place that I really do not like (as did he) trying to make it and perhaps join him in a happy reunion in Perth in the near future.

A Tribute to A Singapore Knight - Knight of Pentacles (May You Rest In Peace) by ldsdtsunami

I hold very high regards and admiration for KOP. His blog on his migratory process from Singapore to Perth,Australia is an I.N.S.P.I.R.A.T.I.O.N.

Good Night, Good Knight by the author of Bohemian Philosophy

... I know he was an intelligent man, always cautious of what he says or do. I’m aware that he is extremely in love with D and look forward to having her here so they can start a new life together.

Good Bye, Knight of Pentacles by D T

Condolences to his family and loved ones.

Farewells: To birthdays-past & Singapore Serf by Patricea Chow

His death has once again hammered in the reality of how transient and unpredictable life is, and so we should chase our dreams to our best ability and to appreciate those dear to us.


RIP KnightOfPentacles by Elia Diodati

Thanks for the shared thoughts and crossed swords... you were the most gentle knight I know.

Knight of Pentacles by Han

I may not know him personally, but I know him to be a kindred spirit, a fellow skeptic of state power.

Bad News... and a Tribute to a Friend by Singapore Calamari

Life doesn't seem to be very fair to him. He led a hard life, taking everything that life has thrown him. Worked his way to get what he wanted, and just when things are finally turning out for the better, he is no longer able to enjoy the fruits of his labour.

See Ya, Knight of Pentacles by Amazonian

The first time we met, I fetched him from the bus stop near our King's Park home. He had with him a crate of beers. That guy may be broke, but he's got style.

The Knight was a force to be reckoned with... L (I've decided I will refer to him by his real initial now) was very industrious. Looking for work every single waking hour. Thinking only of the prize at the end: to settle down somewhat, secure jobs, get a place, then D, his beloved girlfriend, could join him this year...


Rest in peace, to the man who was an inspiration to many.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail