Calamity no more.

Friday, July 21, 2006

A tribute to a knight

My sister Liana called me five minutes ago sounding distraught. She was crying.

Apparently our friend, Knight of Pentacles, had just left us for a better place... better than anything on Earth... better than Perth... last Monday, 17th of July.

She heard it from another acquaintance, Calamari, a very close friend of KOP's as you can see from his tribute to the man, just before she gave me a call.

Of course she had reason to be distraught. Jelte and her spent a lotta time together with the man when they were both trying to make it in Perth.

I had the honour of crossing paths with the man myself. All of us knew about one another through our blogs before we actually met up. We all had something in common.

Perth.

I only met KOP last November when I was in Perth. He didn't want his photos taken or his real name mentioned. We connected on many fronts. To me, he wasn't just another guy. To me, he was a symbol. He was a symbol that we all can live the dream with a little bit of struggle. He was a symbol of courage and determination.

He was living my dream. He was there in Perth, living in the very place he wanted to live in, doing the exact things he wanted to do... . Of course he struggled a little but he knew something has got to give in order for him to live it, and he did(!) while I'm still here in the place that I really do not like (as did he) trying to make it and perhaps join him in a happy reunion in Perth in the near future.

But that wasn't to be.

He was only in his 30s. No one, not even his housemates who found him knew how he passed on. As yet, there are no answers. Just questions. Life is so fragile.

Life. Is. So. Fragile.

It is making me stop for a while and wonder things about myself.

Will I ever make it?

To whomever is reading this who knew the man and knows how to reach his family and his girlfriend D, please extend Liana, Jelte and my condolences to them.

Al Fateha.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail