Calamity no more.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The best loser

I finally got paid today... but it was deducted by $195 because of the church incident.

There are a million things I think I could do with that amount of money but the funny thing is, I'm not feeling bad about it at all.

In fact, I feel it's a blessing.

A blessing because when I think about it in the greater scheme of things, I was actually the smallest loser of all involved.

1) The church was expecting a 20% discount ($1000ish) but they only got 10.
2) My company (I've decided to call it LC from now on coz I just cannot be bothered to type out something longer than that) not only lost 10% of revenue, they also lost a potential repeat customer. That's $5000ish x n no of years.
3) Phil, my partner in crime at that time lost his job, this incident being the mother of all last straws as far as Don was concerned.
4) I only lost money. No sweat.

Self-reflecting a little bit, isn't it amazing how after being the main culprit in this whole calamity, I still only came out with a scratch?

I get paid fortnightly and the best thing is, I was shocked to see my nett salary when I got it just now. It's the BIGGEST amount I've received in all my sad life for half a month's work. After the deduction, I still received more than my basic nett salary.

Wow.

God is amazing, masya-Allah.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail