Calamity no more.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Lamb chop play along

This whole process of setting up a shop at S.untec City is proving to be quite a challenge.

To put it simply, before we can even think about starting our renovation work, we'd have to first submit our renovation plan as well as electrical plan to the management. It's not that easy. They didn't accept our pencil on paper drawings.

They want a professionally done one in graphic and colours and fireworks! They wanna know how exactly the shop will look like and also where exactly every single light bulb will be placed. You get the drift.

On top of that, there is the application to activate the temporary power supply, the insurance, the utilities, the this, the that. Talk about a baptism of fire... . This is my first attempt at a proper business venture.

Things will be delayed unfortunately. Taking the long Deeparaya weekend this coming Saturday to next Wednesday into consideration, getting things to move will be a tall order. Hence, Max and I have pushed back our opening day by a week.

Empty house of m.ouse

So after work I decided that I needed to take a little breather.

I wanted to be alone but then nah, I didn't think so. So I decided to be alone with another loner for dinner at Arab Street near work, my friend, G. I also took pictures just because. They were kinda crappy. Don't know if it's the haze, the camera or just the me.









We had dinner at Amirah's Grill after hunting a while. The prices were affordable and the menu seemed good enough for me. I just wanted to devour something rich and fattening without having to sell my rear end for it.

We weren't disappointed. Although the place was a little warm what with little spotlights all over the ceiling pointing down, the food was really good and the portion big enough to fill all my five stomachs.

I stole some of G's beef kebab on top of my own lamb chop. Aaaah... lamb chop. Reminds me of the time I had in Perth... it was lamb chop galore... .


G also gave me this The Lonely Planet Story book to hopefully inspire me in my next big move in life. It says there,

"... thanks to their relentless spirit of adventure and thirty years of travel publishing, they've inspired generations of weirdos and not-so-weirdos to get out there."

Seems apt to me but I'm thinking, what's up with the lonely this and that and weirdos thing, eh? Haha.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail