Calamity no more.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Ode to my cheeseburger

Goodbye cheeseburger!

Hello waffles!

I made a 3.484sec decision to get myself a spanking brand new Grandvision E82 digicam just now. It may not be the best of brands and specifications, but it is the best of the worst as far as I'm concerned, just like most of everything I own, plus it suits my basic needs.

Usual price of the digicam: $249.00
Usual price of 512mb SD card: $40ish
Total price I could've paid on any other day: $289.00

Unusual price of the digicam: $$159.00
Unusual price of 512mb SD card: $19.90
Total price I paid today: $178.90
Total savings I earned: $110.10

I thought it was a great deal even when compared to this particular digicam I saw on eBay the other day which is suspiciously similar to the one I got which would cost me a total of $259.00.

It's about time anyway.

1. Because Eid is coming and I don't know what people would think if I was to keep lugging a murder weapon around to their homes like I did last year. Not very friendly.

2. I'd love to be able to slip my digicam in my pocket and take it out whenever I like to shoot at things. Can't do that with the cheeseburger. Most times I'd have to drag it around. Other times, the opposite occurs.

3. I'd be sneaking time at work to shoot the products at my shop and post them on the Internet for sale in the shortest possible time. Can't keep waiting 10mins between shots as I did with the cheeseburger. That'd take too much time off serving walk-in customers or other form of work.

Throw the choppy waters, keep the calm, that's what I always say and now I gotta start to actually live it.

My cheeseburger had been a great companion on my adventures, forcing me to improve on my own photo-taking skills and upping the limit of my patience due to its lacking, but the time is now for it to take a looong rest. It's time to move on.

Thank you cheeseburger, for everything.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail