Calamity no more.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

I think my temper has toned down a lot over the years. After all, I was at one point recommended Anger Management Therapy by a school counsellor. Nobody could have imagined this I suppose but to be frank I have tried to be more tolerant so maybe that's why no one could have seen this confession coming.

Well anyway, of late there have been scenarios at work that got me snapping a little bit going through many Ally McBeal moments of imagining myself biting people's heads off.

I run an IT shop called [removed] and the things there are cheap coz we bring them in ourselves from China mainly. No middleman anywhere except for the cost of shipping them over.

You'd think consumers would be happy to know they don't actually have to pay premium prices for stuff, but you'd be wrong. Took me by surprise as well.

Below is an example of an exchange with a customer:

Dumbo: Why are your things so cheap?

CM: Coz we import and process them ourselves.

Dumbo: Are they working?

CM: (Imagining myself smacking my forehead a few times) Why would I sell things that aren't working? *Look of horror and disbelief*

Dumbo: Oh I know! They're made in China riiight...? *smirking like a smartass like as though he's discovered my deep dark secret and have successfully cornered me between a rock and a hard place*

CM: Dude, the WHOLE WORLD is made in China. Your shoes are made in China, your watch is made in China, even your skin is made in China! You paid $5000 for something and you think it's made in Japan but it's actually made in China *bulging eyeballs smoke coming out of ears and nostrils*

Dumbo: Oh ok.

The funny thing is, people like him actually end up buying a few stuff anyway. It's a strange world we live in.

Look here, we are not the enemies. We - Pinky and The Brain, operators of [removed], are your friends. We are on your side. Embrace us, love us, adore us! Together we shall RULE THE WORLD!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pinky and The Brain
Pinky and The Brain
One's a genius
The other's insane!

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail