Calamity no more.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Boys' night out

Had an impromptu boys' night out with three of my colleagues last night.

It was after work, all of us were feeling blue, when suddenly Man suggested that we go hit the karaoke joint nearby.

Almost in unison we all said, "Let's go!"

I didn't sing much but at the end of everything the boys were impressed with my vocals. Sometimes I wonder how a clown like Joakim got to hit the limelight at the expense of thousands of naturally talented singers (haha) like yours truly and killing the dreams of many more in the process (hoho).

I was hanging out with guys who have no clue about pop music, electronica, jazz, blues, RnB and all so I had to keep reminding myself not to play songs in these categories. I didn't wanna embarrass myself. I mean, I'd get stick if I even think about putting on The Backstreet Boys, man!

I still got stick anyway. The boys knew what's going down with me so they put on song after song which usually go like this: Boy gives everything, girl doesn't appreciate, boy decides to back off so no one gets hurt.

Ha bloody ha.

The funny thing was, I don't know where she drew inspiration from, but Ms My-life-is-so-complicated-I-confuse-myself (MLISCICM) finally decided to call me again after freezing me out for a couple of days without any rhyme or reason, after we were done at the karaoke joint.

Don't ask me why, it's like walking on broken glass here on Planet Venus. She called to talk for a bit about her day and to inform me that she was on the way to meet three of her mates at Great World City for a girls' night out even though she wasn't feeling well.

I was like, whatever. What am I, some freaking vending machine?

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail