Calamity no more.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Curse of the pirate

I nearly bit someone's head off at work, my colleague's.

He's the sort who talks more than he works trying to give the impression that he's da man but I read him like a FHM magazine. Every single page.

He's also been trying to act smart with me in all my short time here like as though I'm some green horn in this industry and that's stepping on my tail. I am new in this company and I'm younger than most but I'm certainly no green horn. I tried to remain calm, grit my teeth and go on as usual hoping he'd finally step off my tail but unfortunately he didn't.

Silence doesn't mean cowardice. In being silent I was trying to swallow some pride, learning everything I can from everyone in the quickest possible time.

So yesterday my blood just shot up my brain when he ordered me to do something and "point-point-point" with his fingers at it and kept repeating himself like a runaway machine gun like he always does.

Nevermind about me being his superior, everyone's trying to earn an honest living, but that to me is lacking in manners. In my dictionary, you don't boss people around even if you're the boss. You ask politely, or you simply ask. No need to pretend you're da man at the expense of other people.

My sister Liana told me before that I'm most fluent in Malay when I'm cursing and at that point I have to say that my Malay was indeed like poetry... recited by a pirate that is.

The more he responded the more I talked down to him. Very hurtful words that I shan't repeat here. Gave him a sample of his own medicine so he knows how it tastes like. Fortunately for him, he backed down after we've been trading words for a few minutes.

A wise decision by him I would say for I was very prepared to bite his head off.

Everyone saw what happened but the aftermath was more positive than I expected. After that incident, I just kinda shrugged everything aside but seems to me I have actually earned a little bit of respect and authority from a few people afterwards for standing up to the idiot who also happens to be public enemy numero uno.

Whatever.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail