Calamity no more.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Mouse revived

So it's obvious that I'm looking for other income-generating opportunities. I really don't see why anyone should subject themselves to being miserable. And like I told my siblings, it's for everyone's own good, so no one gets killed. Hur hur.

I don't like the idea of me being oppressed, suppressed, compressed and all. Talking about that, I think I have a new mission in life. I want to help little people, people littler than I am, who are trapped in unconducive working environments.

People like the foreign workers who contribute to our national growth but are treated like roadside dirt, people who got affected by the changing global climate of down-scaled salaries while expenses keep rising like hell, people who the government use as cash-cows in their working life who are then conveniently forgotten when it's time for them to retire and enjoy the twilight of their lives, etc.

Someday I'm gonna write a piece on this on thesecretgem.com when I have a few hours to myself and then I'll see how I can go from there in my new mission in life. It's always been about helping little people where I'm concerned. I just need to be specific and I believe this is it.

Back to me, obviously, this blog is about me right? Why I didn't say that I'm looking for another job is because I'm not particularly looking for another. Who knows, besides wanttotrade.sg, I might venture into another business instead of working per se.

wanttotrade.sg will take time to mature but it'd be nice if I could do something else hand in hand with it. It'd be fully operational next week and there's still stuff I haven't done in time for that. But I will.

I've been talking to a few people and one who is being lined up is [removed]. [removed]. The IT accessories guy.

He's been keeping me in the loop about certain ideas he has and he did it again last week about opening a little old shop at the proposed [removed] department at [removed] which is being set on Harvey Norman's former location.

Word has it that they're developing [removed] as an IT hub within the mall with little booths inside and Max is interested in one that is about 190 square feet. Thing is, there is a dumb pillar within the site which takes 50 square feet off and the result is a shop the size of a foodstall in a foodcourt or about 1/3 the size of my really tiny living room.

I might be having a look-see at it this evening to determine if it is indeed a good move to get involved in a shop that size. I mean, with a shop that tiny, what can I pack in there? The stuff I sell has to be fast-moving and very specific. PLUS, my competition's all around me. I'd be a mouse among other mice.

But one thing we trashed out last night when I met him is how we're gonna work on it between us where money is involved. Crucially, what my cut would be.

I'd say I've negotiated quite a package for myself. I know I'm desperate but I tried hard not to let it show coz I know he too is desperate to get out of the retail side of his business and concentrate more on procurement and distribution.

So it's a battle of who is more desperate (sic).

The deal is this. I need to earn $40,000 and above per month for the shop in order to enjoy the share of profits. But no fret. Anything below that amount, I'd still get $x,xxx so my ass is covered.

Of course I don't just want my ass to be covered coz that'd mean the shop would be operating at a loss or just breaking even. In the long term, I get an option to take over the shop in a year's time and an opprtunity to take over his entire retail operations in future as a franchise. That is the whole idea in general. That would be my aim should I decide to be involved.

But first thing first. I have to look at the [removed] shop and the environment surrounding it tonight after my iftar. No point jumping for the sake of jumping. It has to be worth it. Just like what I think wanttotrade.sg is.

I've decided that from today, EVERYTHING I do shall be worth it.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail