Calamity no more.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Lose change

I don't know what is so special about today that made two total strangers approach me for money.

The first one asked for 90c but unfortunately for him, I only had 85c. He took it anyway. I didn't even know what he wanted it for.

Then after visiting my mom, at a little after 10pm, I fought the urge to take a cab home. I was pretty tired then but I managed to convince myself to save the ten bucks for tomorrow's meals or something.

Weirdly enough, as I was approaching the underground tunnel that leads to Yishun MRT station, a girl came up to me and asked for some money.

I only heard something like, "Blah blah blah, mom pregnant, need money, $30, pay back at the end of the month, yada yada yada".

I'm not saying that it works but I gave her $10 hoping that she'd use the money wisely. $10 is a lotta money if you're a kid. Um actually, if you're a 27 year old adult too but whatever. I'll give those two the benefit of the doubt.

Though it did occur to me that I should have just taken the cab. I'd be poorer by ten bucks anyway. Hardy har har.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail