Calamity no more.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Mighty Mouse

Things are not moving as fast as we'd like to over at [removed].

I've already done my share of tasks but the rest of the things are crawling at a snail's pace.

[removed] will still be opened this month but currently, NOTHING is up yet. This guy is waiting for that guy who is waiting for these people to approve some things they've applied for before the cavalry can come in to start putting things in which would have to wait for the ship which is presently somewhere in the South China Sea with our brand new goods from China.

Talk about taking a slow boat to China... this one's coming FROM China. We were informed that this shipment would only reach our shores on Sunday. It didn't say what time so [removed] and I have decided to deal with it only on Monday and take it easy this weekend. There's no use rushing anyway since nothing else is cooperating.

At the same time, [removed] is also relocating to another bigger unit which thankfully is just a few doors away within the same building and I've been entrusted to concurrently busy myself with the development there instead of tapping my foot for things to happen with regards to the Suntec situation.

Last week I managed to cut my index finger while putting together some lights. Not only that, I also managed to develop a really painful blister on my thumb from sandpapering the dumb pieces of wood to size.

So this week I decided to keep up with the tradition of offering blood sacrifice by hitting myself in the nose.

Damn, I really hate DIY work.

I was fixing some racks for the new [removed] shop when I realized that I've fixed some of the legs the wrong way. I managed to pull and refix all of the legs the right way fairly easily except for the last one.

It always has to be the last one.

So I huffed and I puffed, groaned and heaved trying to pull the damn leg out when suddenly WHAM!

Daaamn... it was so quick. The damn leg hit me squarely on my nose. I was like, "Oh God, ow ow ow, why oh man, oooowwww!" The pain was so excruciating tears welled in my eyes as blood streamed down my nose.

I took my glasses off and hid in the corner to curse somemore as I felt my nose to see if it's gonna fall off or anything. Nope. Whew.

It was quite funny. I was actually confused whether to laugh or cry. This sort of stupid thing would only happen to a superhero who calls himself The Calamity Man. Thank God this superhero is strong. Even his nose is strong.

Whatever. After a few more minutes of cursing, I continued fixing the racks. All five of them. All double storey. All on my own.

 
Name
Email
Write

form mail